DVD: 50th Anniversary “Live At The Toronto Jazz Festival”0075-3005-1
2. Dew Drop Inn
3. I Need A Hat
4. Understanding & Affection
5. It's A Matter Of Time (Featuring David Wilcox)
6. Madison Blues (Featuring David Wilcox)
7. One In A Million
8. Come On In
9. Jump Right Up (Featuring Gene Taylor)
10. I'm Gonna Tell Your Mother (Featuring Gene Taylor)
11. Mississippi Woman, Mississauga Man (Featuring Erja Lyytinen)
12. It's Been So Long (Featuring Kenny Neal)
13. Shotgun Blues (Featuring Kenny Neal)
14. Born In Chicago (Featuring Dan Aykroyd, Paul Shaffer & Kenny Neal)
15. Soul Man (Featuring Dan Aykroyd, Paul Shaffer & Kenny Neal)
16. I've Got Everything I Need (Almost) (Featuring Dan Aykroyd, Paul Shaffer & Kenny
17. Flip Flop And Fly (Featuring Dan Aykroyd, Paul Shaffer, David Wilcox, Kenny Neal, Gene Taylor & Erja Lyytinen)
18. TV Mama (Encore)
1. Talkin' Blues - Feature On Downchild
2. Talkin' Blues - Interview With Donnie "Mr. Downchild" Walsh
On June 22, 2019, The Legendary Downchild Blues Band returned to where it all began 50 years ago, their hometown of Toronto, Ontario. Unprecedented, they shut down Bloor Street West and kicked off their highly anticipated 50th Anniversary Tour in Canada, with a blues party for the ages at the TD Toronto Jazz Festival, to over 10,000 fans, who packed the street to hear the world renowned band.
To mark the occasion, Downchild invited along some very special guests to help celebrate, including long-time friend and Hollywood Star Dan Aykroyd, former Letterman and Blues Brothers musical director, Paul Shaffer, blues/rock icon David Wilcox, Grammy nominee and former member, Kenny Neal, Downchild alumnus Gene Taylor (Fabulous Thunderbirds), Peter Jeffrey and Finland`s Queen of slide guitar Erja Lyytinen.
The band was really in the groove and it was one of those magical nights, where they and their special guests tore up the stage with a roaring night of blues for the overflowing crowd of longtime fans, who were eating out of the palm of their hands and loving every minute of it.
Fortunately, producer/director, Joel Goldberg was on hand to film the historic performance for blues fans worldwide to enjoy!